Organized by the Qatar Chamber in cooperation with the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, the “Made in Qatar” Exhibition is the largest industrial expo in the country.
Since its inception in 2009, the event is held under the kind auspices of the Emir HH Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani and supported by a bevy of leading industrial companies and factories, banks and institutions supporting industry in the country.
It represents a major industrial platform that brings together local companies and factories under one umbrella. It also offers a brilliant opportunity for manufacturers, businessmen and investors to discover the locally manufactured products and their strengthens as well as the demands of the Qatari market.
The main purpose of the exhibition is to support and promote the Qatari products in the pursuit of achieving the self-sufficiency and reducing dependence on imported items.
“Made in Qatar” Exhibition Objectives:
Inspired by the wise vision of the Emir H H Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani and in pursuance of the Qatar National Vision 2030 which focuses on income diversification, Qatar Chamber assumed holding the “Made in Qatar” exhibition since its first edition held in 2009.
Out of its belief in the importance of industry in the economic growth, the chamber organized the expo to achieve the following objectives:
- Promote Qatari industry and products locally and globally
- Encourage and promote locally made products so as to reduce dependence on imported items
- Support the State’s strategy aiming at developing industry
- Stimulate investors and businessmen to further invest in industrial projects
- Attract more investments in the industry sector
- Encourage local companies to do their best to improve and develop their products, which will make Qatari products globally competitive
- Provide a platform for expertise exchange among exhibitors
- Propel and develop SMEs
- Review the investment opportunities in industry sector
- Discuss obstacles and challenges
- Enhance the private sector’s participation in the mega projects being implemented in the country
- Establishing commercial transactions among local companies and businessmen
Why Made in Qatar in Kuwait?
The decision to hold the 3rd outside edition of the expo in Kuwait stems from fraternal relations between Qatar and Kuwait, and due to the fast-growing commercial relations between their private sectors.
The event aims to strengthen trade relations between Qatari manufacturers and businessmen and their counterparts from Kuwait to increase the trade volume between both countries